If you have any questions that are not on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Q: If I nominate students, will they get an email?
A: When you nominate students, it goes straight to their email (or phone, if you input their phone number). Nominating students doesn’t affect how we view their applications, but it is a tool to help encourage students to apply – we know that students may be more inclined to take advantage of an opportunity when they’ve been specifically nominated.
How-to: Nominate students to apply [LINK]
Q: My student just input their cell phone number incorrectly and didn’t receive the text. Should they start over?
A: No. After students initially input their information, this message pops up. Students who input the wrong number should click the second link to re-enter their number.
Q: A lot of my students are getting the registration text, but not verifying their phone numbers immediately. The problem is, once they leave the verification page, their SMS code becomes invalid. How do we solve this problem?
A: Please stress to their applicants that they need to validate their phone number as soon as they get the text, BEFORE they leave the page. Their best bet is to have their phones in their hands, validate their accounts, and then walk away if they are not ready to start the application.
Q: My students are not allowed to have their cell phones at school, so how can I help them register?
A: We have a few suggestions in this case:
- Have your students register at home. You can help them with their applications once they have finished registration. The registration process is straightforward, quick, and easy to do on a phone
- Input your cell phone number for each student. Once they have set their password, they can change their phone number from the Profile tab of the application
- Instruct your students to answer “No” to the question “Do you have a cell phone?” Then enter their phone number correctly. This will trigger an email with a verification code instead of a text. Once they have set their password, they can uncheck the landline box from the Profile tab of the application
- Contact us and we can work together to figure out a solution
Q: A few of my students don’t have cell phones. Is there a way to verify accounts any other way?
A: Students who do not have a cell phone should answer “No” to the question “Do you have a cell phone?”. In that case, the system will email them a code which they will then use to verify their account. Students must still stay on the verification page (do not close that tab to go to their email) to successfully verify their account.
Q: My students did not enter the verification code and now they are locked out of their accounts. What should they do?
A: Contact us so that we can delete the broken account and then they can re-register
Q: I want to make sure that all my administrators are users in the system. How do I do that?
A: To figure out if a user is already in the system, click on “Administration”, then “List of Users.” You’ll see a list of all the users that have been added to the system.
To add a user, click “Add Partner Org Users” from the same menu item and fill out the form.
Q: When I go to register, I can’t fill in any of the fields and the page doesn’t have any labels next to the form fields (see screenshot)
A: You have an old version of Internet Explorer that most of the internet does not support anymore. We suggest you download a new browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and install it to your computer. These new browsers are much more secure. Or, if you have a smartphone, you can use that to register.
Q: I registered correctly but I’m getting a notification that my email is invalid when I try to log in. What happened?
A: Check that there are no white spaces before or after the email address. If that does not work, take a screenshot of the error and send it to us
Q: I didn’t click the link to register my partner org admin user and my link expired. How can I get another one?
A: Anyone in your partner org can help you: When you log into your account, click on “Administration,” then “List of Users.” You’ll see the users from your organization. In the column titled PW Set?, you’ll see either a green checkmark or a red X. Green checkmarks mean that user has set their password; red X’s mean they have not.
Next to the red X, there is an envelope icon. Click the envelope icon to resend the partner org registration link.
Q: How many partner org users can I have?
A: As many as you want! It is up to your organization how to complete the recommendations – several people can work on the same recommendation (just be careful not to overwrite what each other has done), or you can each do several recommendations.
Add users from Administration > Add Partner Org Users
Q: What does the red star mean on the list of All Applicants? Does it mean that a partner org recommendation is required?
A: The red star under the column “POR” is to show how much of the partner org recommendation is complete.
Recommendations are required for every student. The stars are an indicator of how much of the partner org recommendation has been completed for each student.
- No star: the applicant’s partner org rec has not been started yet (a partner org user has never clicked the “Partner Org Recommendation” tab)
- Hollow star: a partner org user has started the rec but has not filled anything in (when a partner org user clicks the recommendation tab for that applicant, the system creates a blank rec)
- Semi-filled-in star: a partner org user has started the recommendation but not finished it
- Filled-in star: a partner org user has submitted the recommendation
This same logic applies to the gold stars in the P2 column – these show the status of your students’ applications.